Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chapter 1.5: Save Room



“Sorry I can't always find the words to say
But everything I've ever known gets swept away
Inside of your love and everything I had in this world
And all that I'll ever be it could all fall down around me
Just as long as I have you right here by me

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Love is in the air. For Holden and Gwen that is. They can’t stop looking at each other’s eyes.  Holden was waiting for this moment in his life. He always thought this would never happen, but it is now.



“You hadn’t said a word?” Gwen suddenly said to him.



Holden:“Oh for the love of plumbbob! I’m absent mindedly thinking of something else!”



“I wanted to say many things, First---“ But Gwen cut him off.



 “Maybe a reply to what I said is a start?” Gwen looked at him pleadingly.



“@%$*! How should I say it?” Holden thought nervously. “Let’s go the public pool!” “What the hell I am saying?!!!”



Gwen was looking at him like he slap at her. “Fine” She muttered coldly.



“Oh brother……”

 
“Practically, I asked her for a date. That’s a start. Right Holden?” Holden talking to his thoughts. “What I am thinking?! Stupid!

“Why are you making that face? Are you hungry? You have been awake for 8 hours,” Gwen looking at him worriedly.

“No, no. It’s hot and I want to dip in the pool”

“Okay” Gwen replied to him coldly again.

At the pool as they changed their swimsuits. Gwen was feeling very disappointed right now. She thought Holden loves her, but he just keep changing the subject and just asked her to go swimming.

On the male restroom, Holden is nervously thinking what would he say to Gwen. He needs to say something to save his ridiculous reply to Gwen. “I’m so dumb!” Holden said to himself angrily. He made up his mind. He’s going to reply, whatever happens.

As both of them got out of their restrooms, wearing their swimsuits. Holden approached Gwen. “You looked beautiful!”

“Thank You,” she replied coldly.

“And it’s one of the things that fell in love with since high school….I Love you, Gwen Glover” 

 
Sayt that you’ll stay a little
Don’t say bye bye tonight
Say you’ll be mine
Just a little bit of love
Is worth a moment of your time

Knocking on your door just a little
So cold outside tonight
Let’s get a fire burning
I know, I keep burning right

If you stay
Won’t you stay?
                                                                           Stay…..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
At Last, they’ve let go of their feelings. It was something new to them. The first date, the first hug more than friends and the first kiss. It was like they were the only people in the pool. They were all over each other and they don’t even notice anything else in around them.
                                          
“I have been waiting for this day.” Gwen said to him as she looked at him intently.

“Me too.. I know it’s been very fast and… I want you to be my—I mean--. Do you want to be my girl---“ he didn’t finished his question because, Gwen has already given her answer, by the use of her lips and he replied quickly to it.


And it continued in their home….


Save room for my love
Save room for a moment to be with me
Save room for my love, save a little
Save a little for me
Won’t you save a little?
Save a little for me…ohhh

_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Holden was staring at his computer, thinking of a new chapter for his new book, “The H-W Effect”. This new sci-fi novel was very tricky. He hadn’t watched one for ages since the Star Wars.

All he ever could think about is the way Gwen sway her hair, the way she laughed, the way she giggled…. “Oh! I have to work and finished this. I have to stop thinking about her” Holden thought happily, but the problem is he could not ever stop thinking about her, even for one second….


Finally! The two of them worked it somehow. Now a new start for them, not as bestfriends anymore but as couple. New relationship, new challenges awaits. And will they go beyond? Let’s wait for the next chapter!

<<< Chapter 1.4 

No comments:

Post a Comment