Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chapter 1.9: Moving On


Life is like wind, it passes swiftly, but softly you can feel it brush to your skin and it gently caressed your soul. It leaves you with vivid memories that you can’t hardly forget. Life is fast but still, it will left you memories of the past, it stays with you throughout your life, may it be bad or good. You would still remember it and that what makes you strive to live longer and fight for                 __________________________________________________________________________

 I’m Holden Wozny, an adult, a husband, a father, a friend, a writer. Life passed me by so quickly, that when I turned around my little boy, Henry, is crawling towards me. Starting to walk, starting to talk, starting to learn all things around him.

 It’s been what? 4 years? I haven’t seen my friend, Zelda for that long. I don’t know what happened to her, she’s just disappeared from my sight, but I think only to me. I’ve tried asking Gwen about her, she’s just answered that her boss is okay. I’ve asked Iliana many times about her. She keeps telling me that Zelda is busy and hardly at home. I had a feeling that they had secret that they are telling me.

I’ve tried calling her but it seems that she blocked my number. I didn’t know what happened between us. She has been my good friend here in Sunset Valley… She’s my only friend. I felt so alone.

 I know I have a good wife, but lately, we haven’t been talking because of her busy schedule. She had a promotion. Now she is a stagehand in the theatre, making sure all the equipment of the band is in good shape. She has been very focused with her career .And for me? I’ve been very busy being a good house husband in the house.

I don’t hate my wife, really. I just hope that she just makes time for us, for me. I really wanted to have another child, a big family. I know that we really need the money and Gwen provides us with that. She works hard and even built a garden so we can have another extra income.

 I know that being a writer will not really make you rich but I love to do it. I felt bad that I can help her. I’m the man of this house but I feel helpless, like this dead tree I’m looking right now.


I felt really alone. I miss Zelda, whenever I felt bad or I’m feeling down. She’s always there to cheer me up. Whenever I need help she’s been there to help me, whenever me and Gwen fight she listens to my ranting about my wife, lending me a listening ear. She is what Gwen used to be when we are young, my bestfriend. I know Gwen will always be my bestfriend, but right now I need someone to talk to with my problems with my wife, with her.

 Time flown so fast! Henry is having his birthday! I’ve waited and waited for Gwen but my son is getting sleepy. I tried to call Gwen but I’ve just received her voicemail. Then after 3 hours of waiting, I finally got a text saying she will be late because the band extended their show. For the love of plumbbob!!!! She had us waiting for hours and she will still be having an extra shift!


 I decided to blow a candle for my boy. He deserved it. So I really hope that he will be happy with his caramel birthday cake that I had delivered for us. I sang him a happy birthday song. I’m really proud for Henry, he is going to be a big boy now.

Here is a picture of my boy, Henry Wozny. He got my features but got her mother’s hair color and purple color of her eyes.Now he is a big boy, well not really a big boy but now he became a child. I know it’s my fault because we don’t have time to bring him to park and he seems to hate outdoors. I’m asking him to play to the park tomorrow but he doesn’t want to.

 Henry asked me to if we could sleep now because he is excited for his first day of school tomorrow. So I decided why wait for his mother who wouldn’t even call to say happy birthday to her son, our child. This left me with disgusted feeling in my chest.

So as I was preparing to tuck him in his new bed.

“Daddy, I don’t want you to be alone. It’s my birthday, I want you to be happy.”Henry suddenly said to me.

This suddenly brought tears to my eyes, I tried to hide it by trying to ushered him to our room and tuck him to our bed. I don’t care if Gwen comes home or not. She chose her job over us and I don’t want to be sad anymore for my lost friend and my wife who is obsessed with her career. I’m moving on for my sorrow, even for just now…


So many confusions for Holden Wozny, a lost friend that he can’t find because she doesn’t want to be find, a wife that becomes absent as a mother and a wife and his career versus being a man of the house. Can Holden finally pull up his strength and find a way to survive in these predicaments he’s facing right now or he will lose his way? And their baby, Henry had grown up. The first generation is now a child. So stay tuned to the next episode. Let’s hear from Gwen’s side of things next chapter.


<<< Chapter 1.8                                                                               Chapter 1.10 >>>






No comments:

Post a Comment