Saturday, December 3, 2011

Chapter 1.11: Happy Family



“I’ve missed you so much, Zelda. “

It’s been a long time since I hugged her. I missed her so much. It’s been a couple of years since we last talked and we shared the day talking about what happened to us. It’s been good talking with her again. I’m happy I have my friend back. 

 
Many have changed in our household. My eldest, Henry, is now a teenager. Seeing him in highschool makes me kinda old. I can see him struggling in the awkward stage of his life, he’s experiencing the progress of changing from child into a man. I can see that he’s very frustrated sometimes, and that cause broken things in the house and more jobs for me to fix them.

 

Even if he’s clumsy, he still can do some things in the house. Gwen had already finished her maternity leave and is already back at work. She’s a band manager now, mind you. I know she’s gonna work hard especially now, Henry is in highschool and Lizzie is becoming a child. I know I had to help her, so I started my fifth book, special request by my wife’s OB-GYNE, Dr. Crumplebottom. The title of my new book is, “Ruthless Vagabond”. It’s a story about a pirate that was brought back to life by a strange curse. I will not tell you the details. Watch out for the book when it’s already finished and at your local bookstores.

Being busy writing a book, writing gossips, (I’m a tabloid writer now) and being the man of the house and taking care of everything. I need help and Henry has been responding without been asked. After school, he would take time to teach Lizzie how to talk. He’s my heir and he’s showing that he’s capable of that.

 
And whenever I feel tired from writing, cleaning, fixing broken things, doing the laundry, cooking and gardening (hahaha. That’s what I do everyday!). I felt so tired that I could not wait for my wife, but again, Henry is there to rescue. He stays up late to wait for her mom to come up. I’m loving my eldest so much, since childhood he’s been so sweet to us. He’s been the rock that both me and my wife lean on whenever we had problems.


My only problem with him is that, at his age, I can see teenagers thinking about what will they do after highschool. Telling their parent what work they want to do. Henry is very quiet about his career. I can see his virtuoso, he’s good at playing his guitar but he doesn’t voiced out that he wants to follow his mother’s footsteps, ,me and Gwen is very concerned about this. We don’t want to pressure him about his responsibilities. We just have to guide him.

 

I know he isn’t an outdoor guy but sometimes I would persuade him to play catch. Like now…

“Dad, it’s too dark. How can I see the ball?” He would tell me.

I just laughed and playfully punched him. He would just laughed and give in to my request.


My other daughter, Lizzie has grown up. We had a small gathering with only, Erin Kennedy her godmother is there. Erin is growing old and she looks so frail, but she told us not to worry about her. She gave our daughter a play table for building blocks. That’s her request to her godmother and Erin gave it to her.

Sometimes we can see her playing and when she got frustrated I could hear her shouting and throwing blocks in the room. I can see Gwen’s look of concern over her daughter and I just assured her that it’s nothing to worry about. His baby girl is just alright.

 
Then Lizzie’s first day at school came. Henry promised me he would take care of her sister. I’m really happy with my son, without even asking. He knows what to do to help us. I insisted of taking them to school but Lizzie choose to take the bus and experienced it. She’s a big girl now and she wants to experience it.


After school, she took our gift to her in action. She told us that she want to sell her baked good. Well I can see people buying her bluberry muffins. I’m proud of her. I can see Malcolm and Beau’s reactions. Well, I thought her how to do that.



Late that night, Henry and Lizzie are already on bed. Gwen and I are eating our dinner together. I’m telling her that I would buy a new computer for my writing and suddenly I could see that she bit her lip and looks sad.

“What’s wrong, honey?” I asked her worriedly.

“I just thought we could save some money. I know you want the computer but…” she answered me sadly.

“Well we could manage. Henry and Lizzie are already at school and we already paid that. I think we still have a budget” I assured her.

“I’m pregnant!” she suddenly blurted out.

My heart did a double take. I looked at her. She smiled sadly.

“That’s good news!” I exclaimed.

“I know. But Holden… I just came at the hospital. They told me. That we’re having twins”

That shocked me. I smiled and hugged her tightly.

“The computer can wait honey.” I said.



 
After the challenges that have come through the family. Gwen and Holden hold on to each other. Holden let us meet his two kids and her upcoming baby twins. The family is getting bigger and bigger. Let’s wait for the new challenges for both Holden and Gwen, their challenge? Being the best parents to their children. Watch out for the next chapter of “The Roommates”.


<<< Chapter 1.10                                                                              Chapter 1.12>>>


No comments:

Post a Comment